A total of 21 companies from 11 countries nominated as potential winners of the Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement 2021 jointly organized by IBI and METSTRADE.
The awards celebrate and honor the outstanding business accomplishments of individuals and teams in key areas of the global builders of pleasure craft and superyachts. Recognizing the still difficult business conditions of the past year, the 2021 event focuses on innovation, collaboration, environment and marketing.
The nominees were selected by an international panel of judges from over 100 nominations following a preliminary assessment process and two assessment rounds. In addition to the shortlisted companies, the judges also selected a Rising Star, for professionals in the boatbuilding industry up to 35 years of age, as well as an Inspirational Lifetime Achievement Candidate who will join alumni. winners of this prestigious award.
The Boat Builder Awards ceremony will be held during METSTRADE 2021 at the RAI Amsterdam Convention Center on November 17th.
IBI Jury Chairman and Editor-in-Chief Ed Slack said: “Considering what he’s been facing in recent times, boat builders and shipyards around the world could have been forgiven. ” having suspended innovative development, collaborative creativity and environmental improvement. However, evidence from this year’s Boat Builder Awards suggests that these areas all continue to be priorities across the industry.
“The judges were significantly challenged to decide the final winners, due to the quality and diversity of the products and initiatives. It’s incredibly encouraging to see the progress made over the past year and we look forward to the opportunity to celebrate this success at our awards ceremony in November.
METSTRADE Director Niels Klarenbeek adds: “The boatbuilding community is a vital part of the METSTRADE audience. We have been particularly pleased in recent years to enhance this relationship by highlighting the best achievements in this sector through the Boat Builder Awards.
Collaborative solution between the boat or superyacht builder and its supply chain partner – Sponsored by Ultraflex:
• Azimuth | Integrated SCR exhaust systems Benetti – Azimut | Benetti Group, Mive Eco and Hug Engineering
• Benetti B. Yond hybrid fuel system and emission reduction filters – Benetti Yachts, Siemens and MAN
• Blu Emme Evo V8 deck equipment – Evo Yachts by Blu Emme Yachts and Besenzoni Excess 15 hybrid power system
• Excess Catamarans, Torqeedo and ZF
• Spirit 44CR (e) integrated solar panels – Spirit Yachts, Solbian and Saillectron
Innovative on-board design solution – for boat builders and shipyard companies or boat design companies offering a specific yacht solution – Sponsored by Fusion Entertainment:
• Azimut Grande Trideck – Azimut Yachts
• Benetti Oasis Deck® – Benetti Yachts
• Candela C-7 and C-8 hydrofoils – Candela technology
• Sunseeker 65 Sport Yacht SkyHelm ™ – Sunseeker International
Environmental initiative – for boat builders and shipyards – Sponsored by Confindustria Nautica:
• Beluga sailboat printed in 3D – Caracol
• Zero waste initiatives to landfills – Brunswick Corporation
• Sunreef Yachts Eco – Sunreef Yachts
• Use of recyclable composites DANU – The Ultimate Boat Company
Retail Marketing Initiative – for boat builders and shipyards – Sponsored by Kohler:
• The Princess Experience series – Princess Yachts
• Ferretti Your Private Island campaign – Ferretti Yachts
• Majesty 175 launch campaign – Gulf Craft
Rising star – Sponsored by Lumishore:
This category honors people aged 35 or under, working for a boat builder, who have had a growing impact in all aspects of their business. Judges will select a winner from a wide range of applicants, who will be announced in the evening.
Lifetime Achievement – Sponsored by Sleipner:
The awards evening ends with the highly anticipated Lifetime Achievement Award, presented over the past six years to Paolo Vitelli from Azimut Benetti, Robert Braithwaite, CBE from Sunseeker International, David King from Princess Yachts, Annette Roux from Groupe Beneteau , T. Healey Sr. and William J. Healey of Viking Yachts and Christoph Rassy of Hallberg-Rassy.
METSTRADE 2022: https://www.metstrade.com/
About the Boat Builder Awards
The IBI-METSTRADE Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement are jointly organized by METSTRADE, the world’s leading platform for professionals in the boating equipment industry with its flagship Marine Equipment Trade Show and the International Boat Industry (IBI) magazine. .
METSTRADE is the world’s largest trade fair for equipment, materials and systems for the international boating industry. It is owned and organized by RAI Amsterdam in association with ICOMIA (International Council of Maritime Industry Associations).